Sunday, June 04, 2006

World Cup Countdown

It's nearly here!

The good people at my local bar have a quad-yearly (is that a word?) competition whereby entrants pay an entry fee for the chance to draw a team featured in the world cup. If your team goes on to win, you get everyone's money. A sweepstake, basically.

So...I Paid my ichi man yen ( I won't put the amount in pounds because it's scandellous) and sat back and waited for the draw. I was excited. In fact, I was giddy. I could get Brazil or Germany or France or, heck, I'd even take England. By the time I went to draw my number (it was all completely random), Brazil and Germany had gone, but Argentina, Spain, England Portugal and Italy were all still available, so I fancied my chances. So I drew my lott, and low and behold...

Paraguay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home