Friday, August 12, 2005

All is well.

2 days until what promises to be a vry exciting weekend. I could go all out and attempt all day teaching tomorrow, all nigh karaoke in Nagoya saturday night, all day teaching in Gifu on Sunday and then all night at a traditional dance festival about 2 hours away on Sunday night. I think I may skip the karaoke- there will be plenty of opportunity for that, but we shall see.

So far, this week has been pretty good. I am now finding most of my difficulties around the business side of beng a teacher (paperwork, contract renewals and the like) rather than the teaching (although that's still tough!). I have a good track record on interviews though. I have had to give a 'model lesson' to 4 students over the last week or so, and 3 of them subsequently signed contracts- so I must be doing something right. I was surprised by today's sign-up. She was 2 and a half years old, and spent the entire lesson laughing at the top of her voice, but speaking no English. To be honest, she an't speak Japanese yet, so that was no surprise. The mother must have been pleased with it though, so happy days.

The festival is in a place called Gujyo this weekend, and is a traditional dance extravoganza. I am really looking forward to it. Then it'l be back to work for week number 6! Time flies when you're having fun, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home