Thursday, October 13, 2005

Home-sickness?

Today marks 3 calander months since my arrival. I first ventured in to Gifu to work on the 13th of July, so although I've done nearly 14 weeks of teaching, in terms of real months, I have just hit the 3 mark. 3 down, 9 to go. Not that I'm counting too much- I am having too much fun for that. 3 months is, however, reputed to be the time at which homesickness first strikes. So far, though, I seem to be ok. Sure- I would love to go and watch a Bolton game, or meet up with my friends (or eat afull English breakfast), but that's beside the point. I am, at the moment, more than happy with life.

Tomorrow is a welcome change (as good as a rest?). Training to teach kids, which is a job I have been doing for the above mentioned period of time already. I am probably going to keep my head down and try to make the day as much like a day off as possible.

Saturday will be the first time I have watched a full Bolton Wanderers match life- which I am actually pretty excited about, pathetically enough. I always see the highlights, and sometimes catch a random Premier League game, but the Whites are on at my local this weekend, so that will be a lot of fun (I hope).

Next week I am off to Nara- the first ever capital city of Japan, and a place of historical significance. Basically, it's supposed to be really pretty and interesting, so that`s where we want to go. This weekend should be a quiet one, though.

Adios for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home