Tuesday, November 01, 2005

1 down, 2 to go.

I have been here for 4 months now. That is to say I`ve been here 16 weeks, so I am effectively a third of the way through my Japanese year. I guess time really does fly when you`re having fun. And I am having fun- the last two weeks in particular ave been pretty awesome.

Nara was amazing. I think it`s my favourite weekend trip of my stay so far, and easily one of my favourite Japanese cities. It`s touristy, of course, but this basically means that the city is sparklingly clean, the restaurants are used to serving foreigners and everyone is really pleased to see you. It`s also got some lovely parkland, complete with temples and shrines a-plenty, sociable dear and a huge statue of Buddha. I had a great time. The hotel was cheap but cheerful, the food was good and the weather even better.

That was 2 weekends back. Last weekend was halloween time. I didn`t partake in too much festivity, but I did get to wear avampire capse to work for the week, and looked scarily like Dracula without puting in much effort. I aslo went to a halloween party on Saturday night, but in an observing role. I had work the next day, so I didn`t get too carried away and had an early night. Sunday was my night for partying- the local bar ad an `open mic night,` at which a friend and I played a 3o minute set, before contributing a few more songs way into the morning. This was followed by all-night karaoke, and after that, Monday pretty much dissapeared. All in all a good night though.

Next weekend sees me trek, once again, up north to Tokyo. Rachel and I are heading to Nikko, a famous national park and area of outstanding natural beauty, which I am really excited about.

More on that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home