Tuesday, December 06, 2005

December

So...December has arrived. I've been looking forward to this month for some time. I realise that I am not 6 years old, and nor am I an especially festive person, but that aside, it's nearly Christmas, and I'm really excited. Firstly, I have an exciting month planned (from the 23rd onward, that is) and I can't wait to have an extended period of time away from the school.

Don't get me wrong-my job is challenging, enjoyable, depressing, stressfull and easy in equal measure, depending on what daty or time it is. However, 5 and a half months of staring at the same four walls can make anyone a little bit in need of a week off. I am no exception.

It will be hard work for the next 3 weeks though, with Christmas parties to organise and execute for the kids and one for the adult students. I am challenged enough by my basic teaching duties, and I always get a bit peeved when there's extra work put on our workload, but I guess it is Christmas.

I've been relatively unbusy over the last week or two. I have tried to learn as much Japanese as possible, which basically amnounts to nothing- although I can read and write hiragana now, which is something I shoul have learned ages ago. The Japanese have 3 scripts in whch they write (one for Japanese words, one for words of foreign origin (katakana) and Chinese-style characters known as kanji- which is impossible to learn, from what I can tell.) I will keeo trying to learn. I have 6 months, after all.

It snowed last night, which was nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home