Monday, January 30, 2006

New Year.

Wow. I guess January's nearly over. It's really flown by, which is a little odd because I've had a relatively quiet month all in all.

It tooka while to get backinto the flow of going to work every day after such a great holiday, but I am pretty much back in the swing now. Having said that, I am off again in a week or so, spending just over a weekin Thailand with Rachel. I can't wait-it's been a busy month work wise.

LAst night was open mic night at the local bar, which was great. I triedmy hand at singing a song in Japanese, called 'I Wanna Be a Popstar.' All in allit was really successful- although I am sure that some of my pronunciation was off the mark.

Last week we visited Osaka, which is a really lively city. We didn't do any sightseeing specifically, just had some okonomiyaki and takoyaki- an omelet-like dish and octopus respectively. I really like Osakan food!

We spent the night in a 'LoveHotel,' which is something that could only reallyexist in Japan. It's a place designed entirely for the secretive pursuit of trysts. In actuality, they are reasonably priced themed rooms. Our room had a huge bed, a huge bath, about 40 radio stations and even a bed in the shower. Which was nice.

One week to Thaland...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home