Wednesday, June 14, 2006

This weekend I was supposed to obtain my visa for China, so I headed into Nagoya to track down the embassy and get it sorted. I arrived at about 1am, but I obviously hadn't done my research, since it only boasts business hours of 9am-mid-day. Not to worry, apparantly it takes about 5 days to process, and I have 3 weeks or so. Still...I do have a lot of things to arrange before I go, and I can't afford to procrastinate as much as I have been doing.

Jspsnese television got a lot better recently. It used to be nothing but unintelligable rubbish (although frequently entertaining on a novelty level). Of course, it's usually unintelligable because of my inability to spak Japanese, but some of it seems genuinly non-sensical. But..long live the World Cup. Live, linguistically unimpairred entertainment every night!

I have been in a bit of a shopping spree (by my standards). I bought a few new T-shirts (including a Japan national team T-shirt) and also some new glasses. This was more out of necessity than a desire to shop, since my old ones cracked.

I am now 100% ready to leave my job. Leaving Japan will be more difficult, but sitting down on the train to Nagoya Airport on July 11th will be amazing. I have so much to do back in England, and I can't wait to get on with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home