Wednesday, March 01, 2006

All smiles

I've had a really good day today. This is odd, both because today was a work day and because it's the first day of the week. For some reason I was in high spirits though. Maybe it was retail therapy- I bought an i-pod today (after threatening to do so for some time).

More likely, however, is that I am still glowing after a great weekend (and I'm not just talking about the football results). Rachel and I spent the weekend in Shizuoka- a relatively unremarkable city, notable mostly because it's the biggest city close to Mount Fuji. Fuji is some 4000 feet tall (I think), but I didn't catch site of it once. Damn cloudcover. Oh well- not to worry. I plan to climb old Fuji-san before I leave this island, so there's plenty of time for all that.

Shizuoka was fantastic fun. No agenda- just talking, drinking and eating. We had a nice hotel or two, and a jolly good time.

Next week...Hong Kong. I guessnI have every right to be in a good mood- everything's pretty rosey at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home